Karachi: England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has released a statement after New Zealand decided to pull out of the Pakistan tour due to a security alert.
According to ECB’s spokesperson, they are cooperating with the security team in Pakistan and will decide to tour Pakistan within 48 hours.
“We’re aware of New Zealand’s decision to pull out of the Pakistan tour due to a security alert. We are liaising with our security team who are on the ground in Pakistan to fully understand the situation,” ECB said.
“The ECB board will then decide in the next 24-48 hours whether our planned tour should proceed,” ECB added.
It must be noted that Blackcaps will fly out of Pakistan within 24 hours after they ‘unilaterally decided to postpone Pakistan tour’.
They were visiting Pakistan for the first time in 18 years and were due to play three ODIs and five T20Is in Rawalpindi and Lahore.