Connect with us

Cricket

ECB reacts on cancellation of crowd pilots by UK government


London: UK government has announced that this weekend’s pilot for spectators to attend two Bob Willis Trophy matches will not go-ahead.

English and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) spokesperson has said that they understand the curiosity of fans who have waited to see matches and were eager to attend these pilot events at respective grounds but also appreciated the government’s decision in cancelling these events.

“We understand this is disappointing for supporters who have waited a long time to see their clubs in action and were looking forward to attending pilot events at the Oval and Edgbaston this weekend.”

“However, we understand the reasons the Government has made this decision, and remain ready to work with them to ensure supporters can safely return to stadiums when Government advice allows.”

“We are pleased the Bob Willis Trophy will still begin this weekend behind closed doors, and fans will be able to watch their teams in action through the online streams being provided.”

Events are canceled due to the risk of rising coronavirus infection and in a press conference on Friday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said that these events would not now go ahead.

It must be noted that last week, successful trial events were held at the Oval and Edgbaston as both counties allowed 2500 spectators to watch the return of first-class cricket.

Read also: Watch: Cricket fans return to witness match at Oval in London

Comments

comments





Source link

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Cricket